By using the advanced settings in the Smart Send plugin for WooCommerce, you can either include or exclude different user roles og shipping classes from a shiping method.
This is useful if you want to offer special pricing to certain customer, like B2B customers, or always send a specific product with a specific carrier/method.
You can find the advanced setting under each shipping method.
WooCommerce - Shipping - Shipping Zone - Shipping method
You have the option to either include or exclude different shipping classes or different user roles.
The options for shipping classes you have are:
- Show shipping method if ALL products in the customers basket belongs to the included shipping class(es) in the settings.
- Show shipping method if at least ONE product in the basket belongs to included shipping classes.
- Show shipping method if NONE of the products in the customers basket belongs to the shipping class(es) in the settings.
- Show shipping method if at least ONE product in the basket is NOT included in the settings for shipping classes for this method.
Example 1: Differentiate on products/shipping classes
You have a bicycle shop and are selling 2 products. Bicycles and a pumps to the bicycle. You wish to differentiate the shipping methods for these to products, because the Bicycle has to be shipped on a pallet and the pumps can be send with a normal parcel.
You therefor need 2 shipping methods.
- Not for bicycles
- If the basket includes a bicycle
Settings for all orders that DOES NOT include a bicycle in the basket
Settings for all orders that INCLUDES a bicycle in the basket
Example 2: Differentiate on user roles
You have a shop that sell products to both private customers and to B2B customers, who maybe has a login to get special prices and special shipping.
Then you simply add to shipping methods for the same zone but excludes different user roles from each method.
Settings for normal guests
Settings for B2B customers