- Install the Smart Send app through the Shopify Marketplace
- Search for the Smart Send app in the marketplace and add the app to your store.
- Install the app
- If you have already created a Smart Send account add the API Token you have received during the onboarding.
If you do not already have a Smart Send user, chose "Create new account" to get one. The password is for you login to your new Smart Send user.
- Link you existing shipping methods from the standard Shopify settings - shipping and delivery tab.
Each shipping rate must have a unique name. If you have 2 methods called "Standard" in two different zones, this will be regarded as duplicate name and you have to rename them.
!Note! this step is for all shipping method besides showing pick-up points. This included home delivery, commcercial delivery and closest pick-up point (Customer can't see and chose the pickup point). To show pickup points, go to next section.
- Last step is to setup pickup points.
- First you chose the carrier to show pick-up points from
- Chose the countries you wish do add the pick-up points for. Note that if you wish to add separate cost prices for the different countries, you should add the pick-up points individually.
The cost price you setup in step 6.5 will be valid for all chosen countries.
- Subtotal is the total value of the customers cart.
- Weight is the total value of all products in the customers cart.
- Cost is the price the customer will have to pay for this shipping method. If you want free shipping enter 0.
If you want to offer free shipping over a certain amount, this is done by adding to pickup methods to the same country with difference intervals in subtotal.
Example with free shipping over 500.
Method 1 with a cost: Subtotal 0-500
Cost is set to 39
Method 2 with free shipping:
Cost is set to 0
Pickup points is an included feature in the Smart Send app but Shopify requires you to have carrier services activated.
Carrier service or "Third party calculated shipping" is included in the Shopify Advanced subscription. It can also be bought separately for 20$ a month from Shopify.
You can activate it by contacting Shopifys support.